Transportation Services Global Industry Guide 2015-2024
Global Transportation Services industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: industry group size (value 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the industry group.
- The transportation services industry consists of the air, marine, rail, and road freight sectors.
- The air freight sector is valued as the revenues generated by airlines from the transportation of cargo and mail by air, either on dedicated freighter aircraft or as belly cargo on passenger aircraft. Scheduled and charter services are both included.
- The marine freight sector is defined as consisting of revenues generated from freight transportation by ship of container and dry bulk cargo , by sea and ocean going vessels.
- The rail freight sector is valued as the revenues generated from freight transportation by rail.
- The road freight sector is valued as revenues generated from freight transportation by road.
- For all sectors, domestic and international carriage is included. To avoid double-counting in regional and global markets, international freight revenues are assigned to the country of origin.
- Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2019 annual average exchange rates.
- Figures presented in this report are calculated applying the "middle path" scenario - this is based on the current situation in countries where the epidemic burst first, like China as a model countries and the announcements made by governments, stating that the abnormal situation may last up to six months.
- The assumption has been made that after this time the economy will gradually go back to the levels recorded before the pandemics by the end of the year. It is also assumed that there is no widespread economic crisis as seen back in 2008 due to announced pay-outs across countries.
- At the moment of preparation of this report in April 2020 the economic implications of the lock downs of many economics are still very difficult to predict as there is no indication how long the pandemics could last, the number of sectors forced to stay closed and the scale of the governmental’ aid involved. At the same time the weight of the pandemic seriousness is applied on the individual countries in this report based on death to population ratio recorded in countries.
- Majority of the industries will see the decline in volume of the goods and services offered by companies. Usually the lower demand would cause the decrease the prices level. However, amid many governments’ ordered for many industries to lock down and so the supply chain is distorted that in great pictures mitigate the results of lower demand.
- Applied scenarios differ depending on the individual sector, however generally sectors which involves intensive manual labor and face to face interaction seem to be hit the most by present situation. On the other hand the internet based businesses as well as the producers of the vital, subsisted products and services seems to take advantages of the current events.
- The global transportation services industry group had total revenues of $2,207,827.8m in 2019, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4% between 2015 and 2019.
- The road segment was the industry group’s most lucrative in 2019, with total revenues of $1,629,225.5m, equivalent to 73.8% of the industry group’s overall value.
- The performance of the transportation services industry is highly correlated to fuel costs, labour costs, demand for services, geopolitical events, and government regulation.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global transportation services industry group
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global transportation services industry group
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key transportation services industry group players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global transportation services industry group with five year forecasts
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global transportation services industry group by value in 2019?
- What will be the size of the global transportation services industry group in 2024?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global transportation services industry group?
- How has the industry group performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global transportation services industry group?