"Colombia Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Colombia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2025. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Total telecom and pay-TV service revenues in Colombia is expected to grow from $6.8 billion in 2020 to reach $8.3 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 4%. Growth will by supported by revenue increase across mobile data, fixed broadband, and pay-TV segments. Mobile data services revenue will increase at a CAGR of 8.3% during 2020-2025. This growth will be driven by increasing data ARPS, growth in mobile Internet subscriptions, and growing consumption of mobile data services. Fixed broadband services revenue is also expected to increase at a robust CAGR of 9.2%, driven by strong growth in FTTH subscriptions on the back of ongoing coverage expansions and increasing broadband ARPUs.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Colombia.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- With 65.5 million mobile subscriptions at the end of 2020, Colombia accounted for about 9.1% of total mobile subscriptions in the Latin America.
- Smartphone subscriptions will reach an estimated 33.9 million by 2020 and will increase further to 49.2 million by 2025.
- 4G subscriptions accounted for 56.6% share of the total mobile subscriptions in 2020. Its share will grow further to reach 63.3% of the total mobile subscriptions by 2025.
Reasons To Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Colombia’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Colombia’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Colombia’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Colombia.