J Sainsbury plc (Sainsbury’s) is a multi-channel retailer that offers groceries, general merchandise, and clothing products through its retail outlets. The company operates supermarkets and convenience stores under the brand names Sainsbury’s, Habitat, Tu, and Argos across the UK and Ireland. These stores offer grocery, general merchandize, fruits and vegetables, meat and fish, dairy, eggs, juice, chilled and frozen food, pet food, baby and toddler products, beer, spirits, and wine.
Sainsbury’s digital transformation strategies are primarily designed to make the company capable of serving its customers seamlessly through both online and offline channels with a fully-connected and agile retail ecosystem.
With COVID-19 disrupting normal life, forcing people to take self-quarantine measures and adopt social distancing to avoid contracting the diseases, more and more customers are adopting online shopping and home delivery.
Sainsbury’s proactively captures huge volumes of customer information including purchasing data, and data from Nectar loyalty program and applies data analytics and AI technology to derive valuable customer insights from it.
The report provides information and insights into J Sainsbury plc’s tech activities, including -
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies and Accelerator/Incubator & other innovation programs
- Overview of technology initiatives covering partnerships and technology launches
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts.
- J Sainsbury’s has been upgrading its retail stores with new digital solutions to provide easy, connected, fast, frictionless shopping experience for customers.
- In 2014, Sainsbury’s re-platformed its legacy e-commerce solution to IBM WebSphere Commerce and eight other systems, which enabled it to start offering multi-channel experience to customers, serving them through stores, websites, and mobile/tablet applications.
- In 2015, Sainsbury’s launched a Digital Lab in London and a Technology Hub in Coventry, to strengthen its technological and digital capabilities and make itself future ready.
- Sainsbury’s has built a Data and Analytics Center of Excellence comprising of experts focused on delivering insights matching to industry standards. Under this, “The Humanalysts” campaign was launched to bring together problem solvers, challenge seekers and solution bringers from data and analytics community to work with different teams including Data Science & Algorithms, Information Strategy and Management, Business Intelligence & Reporting, Analytics and Major Projects.
- In 2018, Sainsbury’s kicked off an Incubator Scheme known as Future Brands to invest in and support small distinctive brands, and help them offer differentiated/unique products and services in comparison to their competitors.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into Sainsbury’s tech operations.
- Gain insights into its tech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various product launches and partnerships strategies of Sainsbury