Delta Air Lines Inc. (Delta) is an airline company which provides scheduled air transportation services for passengers and cargo across the world. The company registers over 5,000 daily departures and about 15,000 affiliated departures and serves about 200 million people each year, transporting customers across its global network to 300+ destinations in over 50 countries.
Delta has been improving its technology architecture and infrastructure to unify and improve access to data sources, which helps the company in capturing and analyzing key operational and customer related data, and deriving meaningful insights from it.
Delta has adopted an omni-channel service strategy providing a host of services not only through agencies and global distribution systems, but also through website and mobile applications.
Delta has signed strategic partnerships with technology companies over the years, including Sarcos Robotics, Basic Commerce and Industries, and CLEAR, to develop or gain access to advanced technologies such as AI, robotics, analytics, and IoT.
The report provides information and insights into Delta’s technology activities, including -
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies and r&d centers & innovation lab
- Overview of technology initiatives covering strategic partnerships and product launches
- Details of acquisition of companies providing innovative solutions
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts
- Delta proactively captures and leverages customer data such as their preferred class and frequency of air travel, achieved milestones, credit card usage, company they work for, routes flown, etc. to know customers better and serve them efficiently.
- Delta spent over $100 million on airport baggage tracking systems featuring advanced tools for data collection and analysis. While the systems help staff track and improve baggage handling, data collected helps the company in identifying reasons for mishandled bags and taking corrective action.
- In 2016, Delta launched a global research and development innovation center, The Hangar, at Georgia Tech’s Square. It was started with an investment of $2 million from Delta.
- The center includes a team of 25 members, researchers, interns, and contractors focused on developing new technological solutions to improve customer and employee experience.
- In 2017, Delta, together with Georgia Tech, Atlanta Committee for Progress, and nine other Atlanta firms like AT&T, Invesco, The Home Depot among others launched Engage, a public-private tech accelerator. The ten corporations including Delta committed US$1.5 million each to the Engage venture fund.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into Delta’s technology operations.
- Gain insights into its tech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various product launches, partnerships, and acquisitions of Delta.