The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Market Report Coverage - Low Temperature Co-Fired Ceramics
- Type – Glass Ceramics (GC), Glass Ceramic Composites (GCC), Glass Bonded Ceramics (GBC)
- Application –Consumer electronics, automobile electronics, aerospace and military electronics and other (telecommunications and MEMS)
- North America - U.S., Canada, and Mexico
- Asia-Pacific Japan (APJ) – Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, India, Rest-of-APJ
- Europe – Germany, Italy, France, and Rest-of-Europe (RoE)
- Rest-of-the-World –Middle-East and Africa (MEA) and South America
- Cost-effectiveness, greater design flexibility and lower wastage
- Reduced prices of metal 3D printers coupled with advanced raw materials
- Increasing investments in research and development (R&D)
- Miniaturization of electronic devices
- Increasing demand for the light emitting diodes (LEDs)
- Increasing use of electronics in the automotive market is expected to propel the use of sensors and actuators which are built up using LTCC technology
- New micro and non-microelectronics demanding the use of the LTCC
- LTCC micro-discharge device
Key Companies Profiled
Adamant Namiki Precision Jewel Co., Ltd., American Technical Ceramics Corp., Api Technologies Corp., DuPont, Hitachi Metals, Ltd., KOA Corporation, KYOCERA Corporation, Micro Systems Technologies, Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd., Neo Tech Inc., NIKKO COMPANY, NTK Technologies, TDK Corporation, VIA Electronic GmbH, and Yokowo co., ltd., among others.
Key questions answered in this report:
- How much revenue was generated by the global low temperature co-fired ceramics market in 2019, and how much revenue is expected to be generated by the market by 2025?
- What are the major market drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges in the global low temperature co-fired ceramics market?
- How is the global low temperature co-fired ceramics market expected to grow during the forecast period, on the basis of segments such as
- LTCC type, including glass ceramics (GC), glass ceramic composites (GCC) and glass bonded ceramics (GBC).
- applications, including consumer electronics, automobile electronics, aerospace and military electronics, and other (telecommunications and MEMS)
- region, including North America, Asia-Pacific (APJ), China, Europe, U.K., Rest-of-the-World (RoW).
- Impact of COVID-19 on business dynamics of different regions
- What are the key development strategies which are implemented by the major players in order to sustain in the competitive market?
- What are the key regulatory implications in developed and developing regions toward the regulations and standards for low temperature co-fired ceramics?
- Who are the leading players with significant offerings to the global low temperature co-fired ceramics market? What is the current market dominance for each of these leading players?
The global low temperature co-fired ceramics market is undergoing growing adoption in the present market, especially in consumer electronics and other segments. The consumer electronics sector has been utilizing this technology as the electronic gadgets are getting miniaturized in their sizes with demands of high performance, leading to the heating issues of smaller electronic circuit boards. This in reduces the performance of these gadgets over a prolonged usage. To address, this issue, the LTCC technology has started getting adopted globally by the manufacturers of the consumer electronics. Also, the technology is gaining adoption in the robotics, which are used at present times in the treatment of COVID-19 infected patients.
Among the various types of LTCC systems, the glass ceramic composites (GCC) hold the largest market share. However, the adoption for glass bonded ceramics (GBC) LTCC systems is expected to be increasing fastest during the forecast period 2020-2025.
Apart from growing demand for the low temperature co-fired ceramics, there are some issues which are likely to restrict the market growth. These include shrinkage issues affecting the performance of LTCC tapes combined with their lower thermal conductivity.
The global low temperature co-fired ceramics market accounted for $4,015.0 million in 2019 and is expected to be $5,547.9 million by 2025. The market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 10.14% during the forecast period 2020 to 2025. The market growth is attributed to the increased adoption of the technology in the consumer electronics and other (telecommunications and MEMS) sectors. The use of robots in treating COVID-19 infected patients has escalated the demand for the LTCC.
The low temperature co-fired ceramics technology possess capability of delivering high performance in the electronics while avoiding the associated heating issues. As a result, the technology has been gaining popularity in the consumer electronics, aerospace, automobile, telecommunications, and robotics segments. Among these, consumer electronics sector has been witnessing high adoptions, paving market opportunities both for established market players and new market entrants. Moving forward, there have been various kinds of business activities exercised by the market players so as to establish themselves and create good customer base across the globe.
Some of the business strategies executed in this regard are product launches and signing of joint ventures by established players as well as new entrants in the low temperature co-fired ceramics market. Several companies, including Adamant Namiki Precision Jewel Co., Ltd., KYOCERA Corporation, and Neo Tech Inc., were involved in the new product launches while Yokowo co., ltd. and Nippon Electric Glass Co., Ltd. signed a joint venture between them for establishing their market footprints in the low temperature co-fired ceramics market.