The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Top Growth Opportunities for Wine in Germany provides an overview of the wine market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption. GlobalData’s proprietary Risk vs Reward Opportunity model pinpoints the best growth opportunities for wine producers, suppliers and retailers by combining robust, granular data and expert insight. The report uses this framework to identify the best opportunities, analyze white spaces in the market, and outline new product development that will effectively target the most pertinent consumer need states. These are combined to offer strategic recommendations to capitalize on evolving consumer landscapes.
Get access to -
- Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the Germany market. Improve your consumer targeting by understanding who’s driving the market, what they want, and why
- A study of market value and volumes over 2014-2019 for Germany supplemented with category, brand and packaging analysis that shows the current state of the market, and how it will evolve over the 2019-2023 period
- White space analysis, to pinpoint attractive spaces in the market and the key actions to take
- Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the consumer needs will evolve in the short-to-medium term future
- Examples of international and regional product innovation targeting key consumer needs
- The German wine sector ranked fifth on the GlobalData Opportunity Score.
- A weakened economy could effect the wine sales however a rise in consumers’ disposable incomes have resulted in rising consumer confidence. Consumers are therefore increasingly seeking premium wine products.
- The overall German wine sector shrank slightly by -1.3 between 2013 and 2019, but is expected to grow steadily over the next 5 years.
- The German wine sector is set to record value growth exceeding volume growth across all confectionery categories during 2019 - 2023, signalling that consumers are seeking products of higher value and quality.
Reasons To Buy
- This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Germany’s wine consumers.
- This is based on GlobalData’s unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the wine sector. Category, brand, and packaging dynamics are also examined.
- This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.