Banco Santander is a provider of retail and commercial banking, wealth management, and related financial solutions. The group offers deposits and savings accounts; loans and financing solutions; insurance; investment products; derivatives and equities; card products such as credit and debit cards; and financial planning services to individuals. It provides business loans; current and savings accounts; leasing and factoring; international banking; commercial insurance; and investment solutions to SMEs and large corporates. Banco Santander also offers services such as private banking and wealth and investment management to high net worth individuals and families. The group has operations in Europe, North America, and South America.
This report provides insight into Banco Santander’s fintech activities, including its digital transformation strategies, its innovation programs, its technology initiatives, its estimated ICT budget, and its major ICT contracts.
- In April 2019, Santander announced it would invest ?20bn ($22.45bn) in technology over the subsequent four years to completely restructure its digital teams. The group’s aim is to improve and personalize customer experiences.
- In February 2019, Santander signed a $700m, five-year deal with IBM to build its digital capabilities in technologies such as blockchain, big data, and artificial intelligence.
- In June 2017, Santander launched a 100% digital bank developed on a cloud-based infrastructure for individual customers and SMEs. Santander Digital Bank provides services including personal financial management and an automated investment service.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insight into Banco Santander’s tech operations, digital transformation strategies, and innovation initiatives.
- Learn about the technology themes the company focuses on.
- Read comprehensive coverage of its product launches, partnerships, and investment strategies.