The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Banco Santander is a provider of retail banking, commercial banking, private banking, and wealth management solutions. It offers deposits, consumer finance, mortgage, insurance, savings and investments, derivatives and equities, credit and debit cards, asset and wealth management, and financial planning solutions to individuals. The bank also provides business loans, current and savings accounts, leasing and factoring, international banking, commercial banking, and investment solutions to SMEs and large corporates. In addition, it provides services such as private banking and wealth and investment management to high net worth individuals and families. The group operates in Europe, Latin America, and the US.
This report explores Banco Santander’s digital transformation strategies. It also provides extensive insight into its technology initiatives, covering partnerships and product launches. In addition, the report includes details of the company’s estimated ICT budget for 2020.
- In April 2019, Santander announced it would invest ?20bn ($22.45bn) in technology over the subsequent four years to completely restructure its digital teams.
- In February 2019, Santander signed a $700m, five-year deal with IBM to build its digital capabilities in technologies such as blockchain, big data, and artificial intelligence (AI).
- Santander is strengthening its focus on the use of innovative technologies to enhance its digital banking capabilities. AI, machine learning, blockchain, big data, biometrics, cloud, cybersecurity, and robotic process automation are among the technologies the company is focusing on.
Reasons To Buy
- Learn about Santander’s fintech operations, including investments, product launches, partnerships, and acquisitions.
- Gain insight into its fintech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Discover which technology themes are under the group’s focus.