The Colombian savory snacks sector was led by potato chips category in value terms while nuts and seeds category was forecast to be the leading category in volume terms in 2019. Furthermore, the ethnic/traditional snacks category is forecast to register fastest value and volume growth during 2019-2024. Convenience stores is the leading channel for distribution of savory snacks products in the country. Flexible packaging was the most commonly used pack material in Colombia. PepsiCo, Comestibles Ricos S.A. and Productos Yupi SAS are the leading players in the Colombian savory snacks sector.
This report on the savory snacks sector in Colombia provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and companies market shares.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2024
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for ethnic/traditional snacks, meat snacks, nuts and seeds, popcorn, potato chips, pretzels, processed snacks with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2019-2024
- Leading players: Market share of compaines (in value terms) and private labels (in value terms) in 2019
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as cash & carries & warehouse clubs, convenience stores, department stores, food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, e-retailers, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, vending machines other general retailers.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, rigid plastics, paper & board and rigid metal; pack type for: jar, bag/sachet, tub, speciality container, stand up pouch, carton - folding, can, pod, carton - liquid, bottle, cup, aerosol, blister pack, tube, tray, film, wrapper, clamshell, box, foil, bag-in-box, bubble top, tank, keg/drum and other pack type, closure type for: flip/snap top, screw top, prize off, twist off, plastic tie, foil, sports cap, film, cap, dispenser, lever closure, crown, stopper and other closure types, primary outer types for: carton - folding, bag, sleeve and shrink wrap and blister pack.
- The Colombian savory snacks sector is forecast to register an overall value growth of 8% among leading Latin American markets, during 2019-2024
- Both per capita consumption and per capita expenditure of savory snacks was higher in Colombia than in the global and regional level in 2019
- Colombian consumers prefer premium products in the savory snacks sector
- The per capita consumption of processed snacks products was higher than other savory snacks categories in 2019
- PepsiCo was the leading company in the Colombian savory snacks sector in both value and volume terms in 2019
- Margarita, owned by PepsiCo is the leading brand in both value and volume terms in the Colombian savory snacks sector
- Brands are growing at a higher CAGR than private labels in the Colombian savory snacks sector
- The health & wellness market in the Colombian savory snacks sector is led by the popcorn category
- Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the Colombian savory snacks sector
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed company share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.