Graft versus host disease (GvHD) is a morbid disease and accounts for the highest cause of non-relapse mortality following allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant (HSCT). Mortality is caused by either extensive tissue damage or uncontrolled opportunistic infection due to the immunosuppressive properties of the current GvHD treatment. Drug-related toxicity issues also contribute significantly to morbidity and mortality in GvHD. The GvHD market is expected to undergo significant change and growth over the next 10 years across the five growth pharmaceutical markets (5GM; India, China, Australia, South Korea, and Japan) covered in this report. In this report, GlobalData analyses the current GvHD treatment and prophylaxis landscape and provides detailed insights into the market dynamics of this newly recognized disorder. This analysis also includes the evaluation of the commercial and clinical profiles of drugs in development for GvHD, and their sales projections within GvHD over the 2018-2028 forecast period.
The GvHD market is expected to undergo significant change and growth over the next 10 years across the five growth pharmaceutical markets (5GM; India, China, Australia, South Korea, and Japan) covered in this report. In this report, GlobalData analyzes the current GvHD treatment and prophylaxis landscape and provides detailed insights into the market dynamics of this newly recognized disorder. This analysis also includes the evaluation of the commercial and clinical profiles of drugs in development for GvHD, and their sales projections within GvHD over the 2018-2028 forecast period.
Currently, the GvHD prophylaxis and treatment algorithm varies significantly among physicians and institutions, largely due to the current treatment options consisting of mostly off-label therapies. Over the forecast period GlobalData expects that treatment options for GvHD patients will be expanded as pipeline products with significant clinical evidence are approved and launched for GvHD prophylaxis and treatment. The launches of products with demonstrated efficacy will be a major driver of growth over the next 10 years, other drivers of growth during this period will include.
Key Questions Answered
- How will the GvHD prophylaxis and treatment landscape in the 5GM (India, China, Australia, South Korea and Japan) change from 2018-2028?
- What GvHD prophylaxis agents and treatments are in clinical development?
- How do the clinical and commercial attributes of GvHD prophylaxis and treatment candidates in development compare with one another, and against treatment options?
- What are the remaining unmet needs in GvHD prevention and treatment?
- What drivers and barriers will affect GvHD sales in the 5GM over the forecast period?
- Overview of therapies used in GvHD prophylaxis in patients receiving allogenic hematopoietic stem cell transplants, and treatments for acute, chronic and steroid-refractory GvHD.
- Topline GvHD prophylaxis and treatment market revenue from 2018-2028. Annual cost of therapy (ACOT) and major pipeline product sales in this forecast period are included.
- Key topics covered include currently available treatments and prophylaxis products, unmet needs and opportunities, and the drivers and barriers affecting GvHD sales in the 5GM.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of pipeline products.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the GvHD growth markets. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons To Buy
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the GvHD prophylaxis and treatment in growth market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the GvHD market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments, and strategic partnerships.