A detailed presentation analyzing the key themes driving IPOs in the tech, media, and telecoms (TMT) sector. It includes a review of activity since January 2018 and insight into the impact of COVID-19 on the TMT IPO market.
Between 1 January 2018 and 30 June 2020, the four themes that generated the highest IPO returns for investors were cybersecurity, collaboration tools, big data, and cloud. By contrast, the themes behind the big IPO flops during this period were batteries, education technology (edtech), 3D printing, and blockchain.
- This report provides an overview of initial public offering (IPO) activity in the global TMT market between 1 January 2018 and 30 June 2020.
I- t assesses the impact of COVID-19 on the TMT IPO market.
- It identifies the top 10 themes driving TMT IPOs during the identified period. These include ecommerce, mobile, fintech, cloud, and the Internet of Things (IoT).
Reasons To Buy
- Over the last two-and-a-half years, a clear trend has emerged in the IPO market for the TMT sector.
- Mature technologies like ecommerce and mobile have been associated with the most successful capital raisings, while early stage technologies like electric vehicles, batteries, and 3D printing have been distinctly unsuccessful in attracting capital.
- GlobalData has analyzed more than 500 TMT IPOs to identify those themes that are driving IPO returns.
- In addition, this report highlights promising IPOs planned for the second half of 2020.