The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Germany soups sector is led by the dried soup (mixes) category in the value terms in 2019, while chilled soup category is expected to register the fastest value growth during 2019-2024. Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading channel for distribution of soups in the country. Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in German soups sector. Older consumers (55+ years) accounted for the highest consumption of soups in the country. Nestle SA, Unilever, and Continental Foods are the leading players in the sector.
This report on the Soups sector in Germany provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and companies market shares.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2024
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for ambient soup, chilled soup, dried soup (mixes), frozen soup and UHT soup with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2019-2024
- Leading players: Market share of compaines (in value terms) and private labels (in value terms) in 2019
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as cash & carries & warehouse clubs, convenience stores, department stores, food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, e-retailers, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers other general retailers.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, rigid plastics, paper & board and rigid metal; pack type for: jar, bag/sachet, tub, stand up pouch, carton - folding, can, bottle, carton - liquid and other pack type, closure type for: screw top, prize off, twist off, lever closure, foil, film and other closure types, primary outer types for: carton - folding, sleeve and shrink wrap.
- Both per capita consumption and per capita expenditure of soups was higher in Germany than the global level in 2019
- Per capita consumption of ambient soup was highest compared to the other categories in the Germany soups sector in 2019
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the German soups sector
- Private labels are growing at a higher CAGR than brands in the German soups sector
- Flexible packaging is the commonly used pack material in the German soups sector
- Older consumers accounted for the leading share in the consumption of soups in Germany.
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed company share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.