The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
"United Kingdom (UK) Home - Furniture and Floorcoverings 2019-2024", report offers comprehensive insight and analysis of the Furniture & Floorcoverings market (including forecasts up to 2024), the major players, the main trends, and consumer attitudes. It provides in-depth analysis of the following: the hot issues impacting the market, strategies for success, market sizes and forecasts, retailer profiles, retailer market shares, consumer data and future outlook. The report focuses on furniture (beds and bedroom, upholstery, kitchen, living, bathroom, dining and home office) and floorcoverings (carpet, real wood, laminate, rugs and mats, vinyl/lino, tiles, accessories and other). Consumer data is based on our 2019 How Britain Shops survey, using a panel of 10,000 nationally representative consumers.
The UK market for floorcoverings has shrunk again in 2019 and furniture has turned a corner showing marginal growth after two years of decline.
- In furniture the comfort categories of upholstery and bedroom will outperform the sector, and kitchen demand will pick up as retailers appeal to desires for a new look.
- Department stores and DIY specialists will lose sector share, and although multiple furniture specialists will extend theirs, some players within the channel will be among those that lose out.
- Online will continue to outperform the wider furniture and floorcoverings market as shoppers feel more confident about making purchases this way.
Reasons To Buy
- Understand how the rise of online will affect the Furniture & Floorcoverings sector in order to seize growth opportunities
- Learn about the increasing influence of social media and how this can be used to engage and inspire shoppers
- Consider the impact of sustainability and its effect on consumer behaviour to allow you to better cater to growing consumer demand