The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc (Chipotle) is an operator of the fast-food chain in the US. The company, through its subsidiaries, operates restaurants under the Chipotle brand. Its menu offering includes tacos, burritos, salads and burrito bowls (a burrito without the tortilla). The company also serves tortilla chips, sodas, fruit and tea drinks, and organic milk. Furthermore, it offers a range of beer and margaritas.
The company prepares its food using whole, unprocessed ingredients and without the use of added colors, flavours, or other additives. The company operates its restaurants across the US, Canada, the UK, France, and Germany.
Chipotle’s digital transformation strategies are primarily designed on a two-pronged approach to use a customized digital platform to make the company capable of serving its customers seamlessly and to handle both digital and offline orders through emerging technologies. It further focuses on enhancing its digital ordering and delivering capabilities, opening new stores, and boost digital innovation through partnerships and investments.
Chipotle is keenly tapping the power of emerging technologies to improve its operations through digital food safety management tracking system that offers real-time end to end visibility across its supply chain and improve its stock recovery process along with its quality assurance metrics.
Chipotle has been strengthening its technical expertise by hiring digital talent in the leadership roles, in addition to building new technology and digital jobs to expand its in-house technology and digital capability.
The report provides information and insights into Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc’s activities, including -
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies and digital innovation programs
- Overview of technology initiatives covering strategic partnerships
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts
- Chipotle is tapping the power of e-commerce, cloud, social media, artificial intelligence, online gaming, digitalization, digital assistants, behavioral analytics, robotics, online and mobile payments and big data for achieving operational efficiency and enhancing customer experience.
- Modernizing its outlets with digitized second make lines or Chipotle delivery kitchen (duplicate production line) to assemble and manage online orders with digital screens. Chipotle is using various digital tools to improve online and in-store customer experience such as digital/mobile ordering platforms that allows customers to place orders online or through the mobile app.
- In 2019, Chipotle in partnership with Uncharted announced first edition of the “Chipotle Aluminaries project”, a seven months strategic accelerator program to develop digital products, attracting digital talent, and to expand its reach in digital space. The program focuses on scaling and investing in growth-stage ventures and provides remote mentoring and coaching from industry leaders.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc’s operations.
- Gain insights into its digital strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various partnerships of Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc.