The global disaster recovery as a service market grew at a CAGR of more than 30% during 2014-2019. DRaaS refers to a third-party cloud computing and backup service model that replicates and recovers virtual servers and data centers in case of a natural or man-made emergency. The backup is usually made on a public, cloud, virtual private cloud (VPC) or hybrid environment to secure sensitive information of the organization. It offers complete support and control over the network during failures and ensures business continuity by minimizing downtime and disruptions. Owing to these benefits, it finds extensive applications across the banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI), healthcare, manufacturing, information technology (IT) and telecommunication industries.
The emerging trend of digitization, along with the increasing adoption of cloud-based services across industries, is one of the key factors driving the growth of the market. There is widespread utilization of DRaaS solutions that eliminates the need for a secondary recovery site and offers faster data recovery with minimal complexities. Furthermore, increasing awareness regarding cloud-based backup, along with recovery benefits among both small- and medium-sized organizations, is also providing a boost to the market growth. These organizations frequently use DRaaS to test and execute an effective disaster recovery plan. Additionally, several technological advancements, such as the introduction of intelligent data replication, virtual machine inventory and automated testing, are also favoring the market growth. These advancements enable users to be aware of application changes and run automated tests in protected virtual environments. Other factors, including the rising instances of cyber-attacks and extensive research and development (R&D) activities, are projected to drive the market further.
Breakup by Service Type:
- Backup and Recovery Services
- Real-time Replication Services
- Data Protection Services
- Professional Services
- Training, Education, and Consulting Services
- Support and Maintenance Services
Breakup by Service Provider:
- Cloud Service Providers
- Managed Service Providers
- Telecom and Communication Service Providers
Breakup by Deployment Model:
- Public Cloud
- Private Cloud
- Hybrid Cloud
Breakup by End-User:
- Large Enterprises
- Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs)
Breakup by Vertical:
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined with some of the key players being Amazon Web Services, Bluelock LLC, C and W Business Ltd, Geminare Incorporated, IBM Corporation, iLand Internet Solutions Corporation, Infrascale Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Recovery Point Systems Inc., Sungard Availability Services LP, TierPoint LLC, etc.
Key questions answered in this report:
- How has the global disaster recovery as a service market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the service type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the service provider?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the deployment model?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end-user?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the vertical?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global disaster recovery as a service market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?