The global clot management devices market grew at a CAGR of 4.5% during 2014-2019. Clot management devices refer to the medical equipment that are used for the treatment of ailments such as pulmonary embolism (PE), arterial blood clots and deep vein thrombosis (DVT). Some of the commonly used clot management devices include catheter-directed thrombolysis (CDT) devices, embolectomy balloon catheters, percutaneous thrombectomy devices, neurovascular embolectomy devices and inferior vena cava filters (IVCFs). These devices aid in inhibiting the development of blood clots in the heart, brain, lungs and legs of the patient, thereby preventing the instances of potential ischemic strokes, severe leg pain and heart attacks.
The increasing prevalence of cardiovascular diseases (CVDs), along with the rising geriatric population across the globe, is one of the key factors driving the growth of the market. Owing to the sedentary lifestyles and unhealthy dietary habits, a greater number of individuals are suffering from heart ailments, DVT and PE, thereby enhancing the demand for clot management devices. Furthermore, the growing preference for minimally invasive (MI) procedures by both patients and healthcare providers is also boosting the market growth. For instance, mechanical thrombectomy is an MI procedure in which the surgeon uses specialized equipment to remove the clot from the patient’s artery through a small incision. Apart from this, the increasing instances of hip, knee and spinal injuries that require catheter-directed thrombolysis, have also created a positive impact on the market growth. Other factors, including various technological advancements, such as the development of next-generation thrombectomy devices, the continual launch of cost-effective devices, along with extensive research and development (R&D) activities in the field of medical sciences, are projected to drive the market further.
Breakup by Product Type:
- Neurovascular Embolectomy Devices
- Embolectomy Balloon Catheters
- Percutaneous Thrombectomy Devices
- Mechanical Thrombectomy
- Aspiration Thrombectomy
- Percutaneous Mechanical Thrombectomy (PMT)
- Catheter-Directed Thrombolysis Devices
- Inferior Vena Cava Filters
Breakup by End-User:
- Diagnostic Centers and Specialty Clinics
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players being AngioDynamics Inc., Argon Medical Devices Inc., Boston Scientific Corporation, DePuy Synthes Inc., Edwards Lifesciences Corporation, iVascular S.L.U., Lemaitre Vascular Inc., Medtronic Inc., Straub Medical AG, Stryker Corporation, Teleflex Incorporated, Vascular Solutions, etc.
Key questions answered in this report:
- How has the global clot management devices market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end-user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global clot management devices market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?