The global homeland security market grew at a CAGR of 6.5% during 2014-2019. Homeland security can be referred to various security solutions employed primarily within the civilian sphere by the government of any country for ensuring optimum protection for its denizens. Homeland security utilizes weapons, cameras, radars, thermal imaging devices and metal, explosives and radiation detectors for identifying anti-social threats. Radios, tactical headsets, satellite assisted equipment and various access control systems, such as biometric readers, and modeling and simulations systems are also used for communications and offering enhanced security. These solutions find application across public spaces, defense establishments, railways and military.
The alarmingly increasing rate of terrorist activities and the growing need for security solutions against criminal activities are the key factors driving the growth of the market. Homeland security solutions provide products and services to both public and private organizations to safeguard their operations and prevent illegal and criminal activities. Furthermore, the implementation of favorable government policies to diminish cross-border insurgencies and promote national security is also providing a boost to the market growth. For instance, homeland security forces are frequently deployed to prevent and control riots, domestic tensions and political unrest. Additionally, the development of technologically advanced weapons and security solutions is creating a positive outlook for the market growth. Security solutions integrated with the cloud, Internet of Things (IoT) and machine learning (ML) are being used to identify threats and take timely action against them. Other factors, including growing concerns for cyber, aviation, maritime and border security and extensive research and development (R&D) activities, are projected to drive the market in the upcoming years.
Breakup by Type:
- Aviation Security
- Maritime Security
- Border Security
- Critical Infrastructure Security
- Cyber Security
- CBRN Security
- Mass Transit Security
Breakup by System:
- Intelligence and Surveillance System
- Detection and Monitoring System
- Weapon System
- Access Control System
- Modelling and Simulation
- Communication System
- Rescue and Recovery System
- Command and Control System
- Countermeasure System
Breakup by End-User:
- Public Sector
- Private Sector
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players being Accenture, Boeing Co., Booz Allen Hamilton Inc., General Dynamics Corp., General Electric Co., IBM Corp., L-3 Communications Holdings, Lockheed Martin Corp., SAIC, Unisys, etc.
Key questions answered in this report:
- How has the global homeland security market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the system?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end-user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global homeland security market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?