The global man-portable communication system market is currently witnessing a healthy growth. A man-portable communication system (MPCS) refers to a collection of compact, handheld and wearable devices used for tactical and on-site defense communications. It includes software-based radios, satellite communication devices, portable intercoms, military walkie-talkies, transceiver smartphones, two-way radios and personal digital assistants (PDAs). The system is deployed on land, military aircraft and ships to secure data and voice transmissions with anti-jamming features while minimizing the noises generated by military equipment and sirens. MPCS enhances the transmission range, flexibility and mobility, thus increasing the overall efficiency and success rate of military operations.
The rising number of criminal and terrorist activities across the globe is one of the key factors driving the growth of the market. The implementation of defense modernization programs has enhanced the adoption of self-contained GPS systems, smartphones, radios and tactical communication devices, which is, in turn, creating a positive outlook for the market. Furthermore, the rapidly increasing demand for advanced and light-weight electronic communication devices is also favoring the market growth. Additionally, MPCS is currently being integrated with Command and Control (C2) military defense systems across both the developed and emerging nations. The C2 systems use MPCS devices for a two-way flow of encrypted information between the military control centers and soldiers to ensure privacy and efficiency while handling sensitive information. Moreover, various technological advancements, including the integration of 4G and 5G networks into defense infrastructure for higher bandwidth and frequency, along with the utilization of various internet-based networks for enabling users to access real-time data, is projected to drive the market in the upcoming years.
Breakup by Platform:
Breakup by Product Type:
- Command and Control
Breakup by Device Type:
- Hand-Held Communication Device
- Portable Communication Device
Breakup by Application:
- Software Defined Radios
- Homeland Security
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined with some of the key players being Aselsan Corporation, BAE Systems, Codan, Elbit Systems, General Dynamics, Harris Corporation, ITT Inc., L3 Technologies, Leonardo SpA, Northrop Grumman, Rockwell Collins, Saab AB, Thales Group, Ultra Electronics, Viasat Inc., etc.
Key questions answered in this report:
- How has the global man-portable communication system market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the platform?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the device type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global man-portable communication system market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?