The global cloud-based VDI market is currently witnessing strong growth. A cloud-based virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) refers to the technology used by organizations to create a virtualized desktop environment on remote server setup. It uses cloud-based storage systems through which a virtual desktop image is delivered over a centralized network to an endpoint, such as a personal computer or a mobile device. It also enables the user to interact with the operating system and its applications in real-time and offers enhanced security, device portability and cost-efficiency. Owing to these benefits, it finds extensive applications across various industries, including banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI), medical and information technology (IT).
The emerging trend of digitization and virtualization across industries is one of the key factors driving the growth of the market. Cloud-based VDI aids organizations in improving centralized management, workforce mobility and data security. Furthermore, various technological advancements in mobile technology and the emerging trend of Bring Your Own Devices (BYOD), are also providing a boost to the market growth. Additionally, increasing integration with artificial intelligence (AI) and virtual reality (VR) across various industrial verticals, especially in the healthcare industry, is creating a positive outlook for the market growth. For instance, in case of emergencies, healthcare providers can remotely access their desktop and log into the installed applications using any device. Other factors, including rapid urbanization, technological advancements and extensive research and development (R&D) activities, are projected to drive the market further.
Breakup by Depolyment:
Breakup by End-User:
- Small and Medium Enterprises
- Large Enterprises
Breakup by Vertical:
- Telecom and IT
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players being Amazon Web Services Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Citrix Systems Inc., Dell Inc., Hp Inc., International Business Machines, Microsoft Corporation, NComputing Co. Ltd., Rackspace Us Inc., Vmware Inc., etc.
Key questions answered in this report:
- How has the global cloud-based VDI market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the deployment type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end-user?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the vertical?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global cloud-based VDI market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?