The global metal packaging market size reached US$ 108.3 Billion in 2019. Metal packaging refers to various enclosing and protecting materials that are manufactured using steel and aluminum sheets. Some of the most common types of metal packaging materials include aerosol and beverage cans, containers, barrels, drums, foils caps and closures. They protect the contents from moisture and bacteria and enable the storage of perishable products without refrigeration. These materials also offer benefits, such as compactness, high density, toughness, malleability and thermal conductivity, owing to which they are extensively utilized for packaging food, beverages, industrial products, and personal care and pharmaceutical products.
The growing food and beverage industry currently represent as one of the key factors driving the growth of the market. Metal packaging, especially aluminum cans, is one of the most preferred packaging solutions for storing various beverages, such as beer, sparkling wines, sodas, iced teas, carbonated soft drinks, energy drinks and coffee-based refreshments. Increasing adoption of metal packaging by organic food manufacturers is also providing a boost to the market growth. This is further catalyzed by the growing consumer awareness regarding the various health benefits of preserving organic produce in metal-based packaging products. Additionally, the advent of resealable and customizable cans that offer improved functionality and storage capacities is creating a positive outlook for the market growth. Manufacturers are developing innovative and aesthetically appealing designs for various personal care products to expand their consumer base. Other factors, including the increasing utilization of aerosol cans in the pharmaceutical industry, extensive research and development (R&D) activities and rapid urbanization across the globe, are projected to drive the market further.
Breakup by Product Type:
- Metal Caps and Closures
- Bulk Containers
Breakup by Material:
Breakup by Application:
- Beverage Packaging
- Food Packaging
- Healthcare and Personal Care Products Packaging
- Cosmetic Packaging
- Industrial Packaging
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined with some of the key players being Alcoa Corporation, Amcor Plc, Ball Corporation, Crown Holdings, Silgan Holdings Incorporated, Greif Incorporated, Ardagh Group, Can-Pack SA, Tubex GmbH, Bway Corporation, CPMC Holdings Limited, Rexam PLC, Ton YI Industrial Corporation, etc.
Key questions answered in this report:
- How has the global metal packaging market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global metal packaging market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the material?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the market?
- What is the structure of the global metal packaging market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the market?