The global nanosatellite and microsatellite market is currently witnessing robust growth. Nanosatellites and microsatellites (NaM) refer to miniaturized artificial satellites that weigh between 1 to 10 kilograms. They circle the earth in a polar (circular or elliptical) orbit and are usually launched at low altitudes. They travel at high speeds and offer optimum solutions for communications, remote sensing and land observations. These satellites consist of various hardware, software and data processing devices that are also used for geographical mapping, navigation and scientific research. The data obtained from these satellites is processed and used for improving water management and carrying out relief and defense operations.
Significant growth in the aeronautic and satellite industry is one of the key factors driving the growth of the market. Furthermore, advancements in the miniaturization technologies across industries are also providing a boost to the market growth. NaMs are increasingly being utilized across the civil, commercial and defense sectors to conduct low-cost space missions, including geolocation, signal monitoring and communications. Various technological advancements, such as the integration of these satellites with artificial intelligence (AI), robotics and the Internet of Things (IoT) is acting as another growth-inducing factor. These technologies, along with Very High Frequency (VHF), Ultra High Frequency (UHF) and visible transmission technologies, aid in increasing signal frequencies and overall data transfer speeds between the satellite and the ground stations. Other factors, including the deployment of solar panels and star tracker technologies, along with extensive research and development (R&D) activities in the field of space science, are projected to drive the market further.
Breakup by Satellite:
- Nanosatellite (1kg to 10kg)
- Microsatellite (10kg to 100kg)
Breakup by Component:
- Software and Data Processing
- Space Services
- Launch Services
- Earth Observation and Remote Sensing
- Scientific Research
- Biological Experiments
- Technology Demonstration and Verification
- Academic Training
- Mapping and Navigation
Breakup by End-Use Sector:
- Energy and Infrastructure
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players being AAC Clyde Space., Axelspace Corporation, Berlin Space Technologies, GomSpace, ISIS, L3harris Technologies Inc., Lockheed Martin Corporation., Planet Labs Tb Inc., Spacequest Ltd., Spire Inc., Surrey Satellite Technology, Tyvak, etc.
Key questions answered in this report:
- How has the global nanosatellite and microsatellite market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the satellite mass?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the component?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end-use sector?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global nanosatellite and microsatellite market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?