The global power line communication (PLC) market is currently witnessing strong growth. Power line communication (PLC) refers to a communication technology that is used for the transmission of data over the existing power-grid infrastructure. It acts as a reliable communication and data transmission medium for various Internet of Things (IoT) and smart grid applications. It is primarily used for powering electronic devices and to retrieve/control data through them. There are two kinds of PLC, namely narrowband and broadband. The narrowband PLC works at lower frequencies and lower data rates but has a more extended range. On the other hand, broadband PLC works at higher frequencies and higher data rates but is used in shorter-range applications.
A significant increase in the establishment of smart grids across the globe is one of the key factors driving the growth of the market. Smart grids involve the integration of renewable energy resources with the electricity supply chain through PLCs. Increasing utilization of these solutions for communicating with devices at remote locations is also providing a boost to the market growth. With the extension of the electricity distribution network, there has been a substantial increase in the adoption of PLC technology to cater to a broader geographical area. In line with this, the growing utilization of these solutions for lighting control applications in both rural and urban areas is acting as another growth-inducing factor. PLC solutions are widely used for both indoor and outdoor lightings, such as on streets, roadways, tunnels, parking, parks and other commercial and industrial complexes. Other factors, including the increasing investments in renewable energy facilities, along with rising government investments in the deployment of smart grids, extensive research and development (R&D) in the power sector and hyper-urbanization across the globe, are projected to drive the market further. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach register a CAGR of around 9% during 2020-2025.
Breakup by Frequency:
- Narrowband (3 kHz to 500 kHz)
- Broadband (Greater Than 500 kHz)
Breakup by Voltage:
Breakup by Offering:
Breakup by Modulation Technique:
- Single Carrier Modulation
- Multi Carrier Modulation
- Spread Spectrum Modulation
Breakup by Application:
- Energy Management and Smart Grid
- Indoor Networking
Breakup by Vertical:
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United States
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined with some of the key players being ABB, AMETEK Inc., Belkin, Broadcom Inc., Cypress Semiconductor, D-Link Corporation, General Electric, Hubbell Power Systems Inc., Landis+Gyr, Maxim Integrated, Netgear, Schneider Electric, Siemens, TP-Link Technologies, Zyxel Communications, etc.
Key questions answered in this report:
- How has the global power line communication market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the frequency?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the voltage?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the offering?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the modulation technique?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the vertical?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global power line communication market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?