"Mobile Financial Services: Service Portfolio Evolution and Positioning Strategies in Asia-Pacific," a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the mobile financial services market for telecom companies in Asia-Pacific. It delivers quantitative and qualitative insights into the mobile financial services, analyzing key trends, growth drivers and monetization strategies in the region.
Asia-Pacific telcos are increasingly venturing into mobile financial services (MFS) and moving up the mobile money value chain for revenue diversification and investment return potential. The Asia-Pacific region includes some of the best-developed MFS markets in the world, such as China. Usually starting off in mobile wallets and payments, a number of major telcos are even venturing into establishing digital banks, often in partnership with traditional financial service providers such as banks and insurance companies.
The COVID-19 pandemic has become a catalyst for MFS adoption as traditional brick-and-mortar financial services and physical cash transactions have been disrupted by social distancing measures. Despite having a good level of development in MFS, the Asia-Pacific MFS landscape is still highly fragmented. There is room for standardization of technology through the creation of cross-country and cross-regional alliances.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Section 1: Mobile Financial Services (MFS) Portfolio Definition, Evolution and Key Metrics
- Section 2: MFS Evolution and Positioning Strategies for Telcos in Asia-Pacific -- This section provides an overview of the mobile financial services landscape in Asia-Pacific and identifies the major trends across the region.
- Section 3: Case Studies -- Provides best practice case studies from telcos in Asia-Pacific that are currently offering mobile financial services.
- Section 4: Key Findings and Recommendations -- A summary of key findings and growth opportunities for telcos in the Asia-Pacific mobile financial services market.
- Riding on the popularity of another service (e.g., messaging and ride-hailing) is a catalyst for the success of an MFS.
- Global players such as Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal are present in the Asia-Pacific region. However, there are also regional and domestic players that dominate their respective landscapes.
- A number of digital bank licenses have or are being issued across the Asia-Pacific region. Telcos and banks are often contenders for these licenses and frequently partner to launch a digital bank.
- COVID-19 has accelerated the adoption of MFS services due to the disruption of traditional financial services and physical cash transactions.
Reasons To Buy
- This report offers a comprehensive and detailed understanding of the mobile financial services landscape in Asia-Pacific.
- The report describes the best practices and market opportunities for mobile financial services in the Asia-Pacific market.
- The report discusses commercial developments in the mobile financial services market and what these developments might mean for the future.
- The report provides a number of monetization levers and recommendations on market positioning and portfolio expansion that telcos and other ecosystem players can harness to diversify their revenue streams into MFS.