The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The Russian confectionery sector was led by chocolate category in both value and volume terms in 2019. However, the gum category is forecast to register the fastest volume growth during 2019-2024. Hypermarkets & supermarkets was the leading channel in the distribution of confectionery products in the country. Flexible packaging was the most commonly used pack material in Russia. Consumption of confectionery products was higher among females than males in the country. "Mars, Incorporated", United Confectioners and Nestle SA are the top three companies in the Russian confectionery sector.
This report on the confectionery sector in Russia provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and companies market shares.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2024
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for chocolate, gum and sugar confectionery with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2019-2024
- Leading players: Market share of compaines (in value terms) and private labels (in value terms) in 2019
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as cash & carries & warehouse clubs, convenience stores, department stores, food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, e-retailers, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers other general retailers.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, rigid plastics, paper & board and rigid metal; pack type for: jar, bag/sachet, tub, speciality container, stand up pouch, carton - folding, can, pod and other pack type, closure type for: flip/snap top, screw top, prize off, twist off, plastic tie and other closure types, primary outer types for: carton - folding, bag, sleeve and shrink wrap.
- Value share of Russia is expected to decrease in the both global and regional confectionery market in the next five years
- The Russian confectionery sector is forecast to register the highest value and volume growth among leading Eastern European markets
- Both per capita consumption and per capita expenditure of confectionery was higher in Russia than both the global and regional levels in 2019
- Russian consumers prefer premium products in the confectionery sector
- The per capita consumption of chocolate products was higher than other confectionery categories in 2019
- Private labels are growing at a higher CAGR than brands in the Russian confectionery sector
- The health & wellness market is led by the gum category in the Russian confectionery sector
- Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the Russian confectionery sector
- Chocolate recorded the highest consumption across the leading cities in Russia
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed company share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate.
- It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.