The Colombian confectionery sector was led by the sugar confectionery category in both value and volume terms in 2019 while the gum category is forecast to register fastest value growth during 2019-2024. Hypermarkets & supermarkets was the leading channel for distribution of confectionery in the country. Flexible packaging was the commonly used pack material in the country. Kids & babies (0-15 years) accounted for the highest consumption of confectionery products in the country. Grupo Nutresa SA, Colombina S.A., and Mondelez International, Inc are the leading players in the industry.
This report on the confectionery sector in Colombia provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and companies market shares.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2024
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for chocolate, gum and sugar confectionery with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2019-2024
- Leading players: Market share of compaines (in value terms) and private labels (in value terms) in 2019
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as cash & carries & warehouse clubs, convenience stores, department stores, food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, e-retailers, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers other general retailers.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, rigid plastics, paper & board and rigid metal; pack type for: jar, bag/sachet, tub, speciality container, stand up pouch, carton - folding, can, pod and other pack type, closure type for: flip/snap top, screw top, prize off, twist off, plastic tie and other closure types, primary outer types for: carton - folding, bag, sleeve and shrink wrap.
- The per capita consumption of confectionery products in Colombia was lower than both the global and the regional levels in 2019.
- The per capita consumption of sugar confectionery category was higher than other confectionery categories in 2019.
- Hypermarkets & supermarkets was the leading distribution channel in the Colombian confectionery sector in 2019.
- Flexible packaging was the most commonly used pack material in the Colombian confectionery sector.
- Kids & babies accounted for the leading share in the consumption of confectionery products in Colombia.
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed company share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate.
- It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.