The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Russian hot drinks sector was led by hot tea category in value terms while hot coffee led in volume terms in 2019. However, hot coffee category is forecast to register fastest value & volume growth during 2019-2024. Hypermarkets & supermarkets accounted for the leading share in the distribution of hot drinks products. Flexible packaging was the most commonly used pack material in the country. Consumption of hot drinks products is higher among females than males in the country. Orimi Trade, Nestle SA, Ahmad Tea are the top three companies in the Russian hot drinks sector.
This report on the hot drinks sector in Russia provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and companies market shares.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2024
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for hot coffee, hot tea, other hot drinks with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2019-2024
- Leading players: Market share of compaines (in value terms) and private labels (in value terms) in 2019
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as cash & carries & warehouse clubs, convenience stores, department stores, food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, e-retailers, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers other general retailers.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, rigid plastics, paper & board and rigid metal; pack type for: jar, bag/sachet, tub, speciality container, stand up pouch, carton - folding, can, pod and other pack type, closure type for: flip/snap top, screw top, prize off, twist off, plastic tie and other closure types, primary outer types for: carton - folding, bag, sleeve and shrink wrap.
- Value and volume share of Russia is expected to increase in the regional hot drinks market in the next five years
- Per capita expenditure of hot drinks was higher in Russia than in both the global and regional levels in 2019
- The per capita consumption of hot coffee was higher than hot coffee categories in 2019
- Flexible packaging is the most commonly used pack material in the Russian hot drinks sector
- Hot tea was the leading category across the top 10 cities in Russia
- Older consumers account for the leading share in the consumption of hot drinks in Russia
- Recovery in household spending, and easing inflation levels following the VAT hike supported real GDP growth in 2019
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed company share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate.
- It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.