Procter & Gamble: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Company Impact reports key findings as of April 23, 2020 based on market analysis and brand diversification by industry and geography.
Although all consumer goods firms will face massive upheavals as a result of the epidemic, P&G’s diversity in terms of both geography and product range leaves it fairly well placed to deal with the crisis. Many sectors may well benefit, but revised tactics will certainly be required in food, in particular, to reduce sales losses. Despite the company’s costs increasing, it is showing a strong determination at this moment to support its most vulnerable consumers and employees. Overall the company has several core strengths that leave it well placed to deal with the current crisis, based on the latest available knowledge.
- P&G has strong diversification and has many advantages to help it ride out the effects of the disease on its brand sales.
- The impact of COVID-19 is inevitable but P&G’s strong cosmetic and healthcare business should help to mitigate losses.
- Textile washing powder and paper products will see a surge in sales with the spread of COVID-19 cases.
Reasons To Buy
- Understand the challenges and opportunities for a specific company in order to tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.