Shiseido: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Company Impact reports key findings as of April 16, 2020 based on market analysis and brand diversification by industry and geography.
Shiseido’s low geographic and business diversification implies the company has limited resilience to the COVID-19 outbreak. The company is expected to adopt a defensive stance to brace for the impact of the pandemic, and take steps to expand its base in less affected markets in order to mitigate some of the business impact of the disease.
- Shiseido is expected to step up its focus on Asian markets in order to offset the impact of COVID-19 in the West.
- Due to its geographic concentration Shiseido remains highly exposed to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- While categories such as skincare are expected to fare better during the crisis, the gains will be negated by underperforming categories such as make-up.
Reasons To Buy
- Understand the challenges and opportunities for a specific company in order to tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.