Medtronic is tapping the power of data & analytics to understand and analyze huge volumes of patient data and derive insights that can help healthcare providers deliver data-driven healthcare. Medtronic is developing data-enabled health solutions using technologies such as predictive analytics, deep learning, and big data to identify patients for targeted interventions and to improve health behaviors.
Medtronic partnered with Novo Nordisk to integrate data from latter’s upcoming smart insulin pens, NovoPen 6 and NovoPen Echo Plus, into its Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) devices.
Medtronic developed monitoring and clinical decision support tools to integrate data from multiple devices, systems, and applications to convert data to timely, actionable insights.
Medtronic developed the Intellis spinal cord stimulator that helps physicians design an innovative treatment plan for patients with chronic pain, using the quantitative actionable patient data provided by the embedded technology in the device.
The report provides information and insights into Medtronic’s technology activities, including -
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies and accelerator & digital innovation programs
- Overview of technology initiatives covering strategic partnerships and product launches
- Details of investments in companies providing innovative solutions
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets
- The key technology themes under focus for Medtronic are artificial intelligence, big data, cloud, digital therapeutics, genomics, IoT, mobile health, personalized medicine, remote patient monitoring, robotics, and wearable tech.
- Medtronic has partnered, invested, and acquired companies that provide access to new technological solutions and enable it to optimize either its own internal operational procedures or medical procedures for its healthcare clients.
- Medtronic has signed strategic partnerships with many technology companies over the years, including IBM, Cosmo Pharmaceuticals, Apple, and Viz.ai for developing or gaining access to advanced technologies such as AI, data, and analytics.
- In 2020, Medtronic acquired U.S.-based Companion Medical, a developer of insulin technologies to aid in diabetes.
- In 2020, Medtronic acquired France based Medicrea International, a specialist in spinal surgery through artificial intelligence (AI), predictive modeling and patient specific implants.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into Medtronic’s technology operations.
- Gain insights into its tech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various product launches, partnerships, investments, and acquisitions of Medtronic.