"Egypt Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report," a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Egypt today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2024. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Telecom service revenue growth in Egypt over 2019-2024 will be driven by growth in the mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV segments. Mobile voice accounted for a 53.7% share of total telecom service revenue in 2019 and will remain the largest revenue contributing segment till 2021. Mobile data revenue will expand at a CAGR of 18.7% over 2019-2024, overtaking mobile voice to become the biggest revenue contributor in 2022. Telecom Egypt’s (TE) foray into mobile services with WE will likely shift the market into a more competitive gear. Saudi Telecom Company’s (STC) acquisition of Vodafone has been put on hold considering the current COVID-19 situation. Further to this, the NTRA ruling that TE’s current 45% stake in Vodafone must also be offered for, has brought the acquisiton to a halt at the time of writing.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Egypt.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- Total telecom and pay-TV service revenue will increase from US$3.73bn in 2019 to US$4.62bn by 2024 at a CAGR of 4.4%. Growth will be driven by the mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV segments.
- Mobile data revenues will grow at the fastest CAGR of 18.7% over 2019-2024. The segment will become the largest revenue contributor in 2022 and will go on to account for a 48.4% share of total telecom services revenue in 2024. This growth will be supported by operators pushing data-centric bundles in tandem with zero-rated access to value added services - e.g. social networks, Youtube and other video streaming applications.
- 3G technology represented the largest share with 56.2% of the total mobile subscriptions in 2019, however, this will be surpassed by 4G technology from 2024.
- The top two mobile operators, Vodafone Egypt and Orange Egypt accounted for a 73.2% share of overall mobile subscriptions in 2019. The new capital city, 45km west of Cairo highlights an EGP40 billion telecom investment alongside the potential for new IoT/M2M and cloud services.
Reasons To Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Egypt’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Egypt’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, fixed broadband, and pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Egypt’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Egypt.