The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Aegon is a provider of pension plans, life insurance, and asset management services. It offers insurance products for traditional life, universal life, whole life, disability, and critical illness. It also offers long-term savings plans, car insurance, travel insurance, household insurance, retirement plans, and mortgages, among other services.
The company is strengthening its data and analytical capabilities to transform its services; support its risk, retirement, and health businesses; and help its customers deliver better claims outcomes with accurate calculations of risks and claims assessments. The company is investing in technology to gather data, using different machine learning techniques and advanced analytics algorithms - and their resulting insights - to scale up the effectiveness of its service offerings.
Aegon is leveraging robotic process automation (RPA) across its operations to digitalize its manual activities, achieve operational flexibility, and minimize costs.
Aegon aims to strengthen its digital expertise by hiring top talent in leadership roles across regions, empowering staff through technology tools, and creating new technology and digital jobs.
This report provides insights into Aegon’s digital transformation strategies and innovation programs. It also gives an overview of its technology initiatives, covering partnerships, investments, acquisitions, and product launches, with insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits. In addition, the report includes details of the company’s estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts.
- Aegon is exploring technologies including AI, machine learning, big data, cloud, cybersecurity, legacy system transformation, and RPA to enhance customer experiences, achieve operational efficiencies, and minimize risks.
- In 2016, Aegon launched the Aegon Hackathon, an event conducted each year with a new theme such as health and wealth, to develop disruptive solutions. It was introduced in collaboration with Tata Consultancy Services, Microsoft, and Deloitte. It supports and collaborates with entrepreneurs, fintechs, insurtech startups, designers, hackers, dreamers, and engineers working in the areas of the Internet of Things, AI, robotics, data intelligence, and blockchain technologies to create new ideas and prototypes to solve real-time problems.
- In 2019, Aegon UK partnered with Atos to form its state-of-the-art Customer Experience (CX) Lab in Lytham St. Annes, UK. The lab works towards accelerating growth, generating new ideas, testing new service enhancements and new solutions, and then implementing them within its operations once tested.
- In 2015, Aegon introduced an international data analytics academy, a three-year development program to develop data analytical capabilities and help achieve its strategic objectives. It works towards emerging technologies such as visualization, big data, coding, and other analytical techniques to analyze complex data sets, understand business requirements, and help it deliver cutting-edge solutions.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into Aegon’s fintech operations.
- Gain insights into its fintech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into its various product launches and partnership strategies.