The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Operating Room Integration Market Growth & Trends
The global operating room integration market size is expected to reach USD 3.2 billion in 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR: 11.0% over the forecast period. Increasing redevelopment projects and the adoption of advanced healthcare IT solutions in hospitals is further boosting market growth. Operating Rooms (OR) are increasingly becoming complex and congested due to the requirement of devices during surgeries such as surgical lights, operating tables, and surgical displays. Integrated Operating Rooms (I-ORs) are becoming a solution for this complexity in ORs.
The modern operating room provides consolidated data and offers access to audio and video and controls for all surgical devices at the central command station, allowing the surgeon to achieve various tasks efficiently without the prerequisite to move near the OR. Other advantages of OR integration are that it minimizes manpower, maximize OR efficiency, takes less surgical time procedure, and manage patient surgical records.
Most of the Minimally Invasive Surgeries (MIS) such as TAVR, EAR, and laparoscopic procedures are performed in hybrid integrated OR. Surging patient preference for MIS is boosting market growth. MIS includes robotic surgeries and laparoscopic surgeries that have a wide range of applications in the medical sector.
In addition, hospitals have shifted their preference towards advanced MIS procedures for diagnosing chronic diseases. The preference is due to the benefits that this procedure provides such as lower postoperative complication rates, reduced ho0073 pital stay, less pain, and fast recovery time. It also provides high accuracy rate as compared to traditional open surgery. The aforementioned factors are anticipated to boost the demand for I-ORs over the forecast period.
The competitors operating in the market are focusing on other strategies such as mergers and acquisitions and collaborative agreements to mark their presence in the market. For instance, in January 2020, Brainlab declared its acquisition of Vision Tree Software. Vision Tree Optimal Care (VTOC) platform, provides EHR, research, and registry platform. The acquisition will provide an opportunity to capture data by point-of-care electronic forms and use them in efficient workflows. The strategies implemented by the leader in this vertical are further propelling market growth.
Operating Room Integration Market Report Highlights
- OR integrated services are expected to witness the fastest growth rate in coming years owing to the growing demand from ambulatory surgical centers and hospitals
- Based on devices, documentation management systems dominated the market in 2019 owing to the associated benefits such as data management with minimal errors
- Demand for fully integrated solutions to automate surgical workflows is growing in accordance with the requirements to access all the necessary information on a single platform. This helps in expediting the surgical procedure and eliminates the need for various devices arranged all over in the operating room
- The orthopedic surgery segment is anticipated to show lucrative CAGR owing to its growing demand
- North America dominated the market as of 2019, attributable to supportive government initiatives promoting the adoption of surgical automation, telemedicine, and other advanced technologies to support the use of integrated solutions in operating rooms.
- Market players are involved in extensive research for the development of cost-efficient and technologically advanced OR integration solutions. Subsequently, the introduction of such solutions is expected to provide this market with lucrative growth opportunities.