The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Our “Mining Quarterly Review - Q1 2020” report provides a quarterly mining industry update, assessing the latest commodity trends by tracking commodity prices and global and company production for coal, iron ore, gold and copper. Analysis is provided on project momentum, based on projects that commenced operations and advanced in Q1 2020. In addition, the report also provides detailed analysis of development projects in the mining industry, segregated by country, commodity, and company and development capital expenditure. The report also analyses impact of coronavirus on the global mining industry.
The coronavirus outbreak is having a significant impact on several commodities, with steep declines in prices of base metals in particular in the first quarter, whilst the price of gold rose due to its position as a safe haven. On the other hand, production was initially not impacted significantly in the first quarter, but the outbreak led to widespread lockdowns towards the end of March with shuttering of mining activities in several key countries, including South Africa, Peru, Bolivia, Argentina, India and parts of Canada. Around 76 mineral projects advanced in Q1 2020, down from 101 projects that advanced during Q4 2019.
- Analyse mineral commodity trends at a global level
- Company production highlights for Q1 2020
- Analyse project developments in the mining industry
- Compare number of development projects in the mining industry by country, commodity and company
- Identify the major projects that advanced in the most recent quarter
- Track latest mining industry developments
- Geographies covered include - Asia-Pacific, Americas, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Oceania and Former Soviet Union.
- Analyse impact of coronavirus on the global mining industry
Reasons To Buy
- Comprehensive evaluation of all development projects by commodity, country and company
- Assess trends in project momentum
- Analyse forecasted production trends for core commodities and mining ROM production
- Track latest company developments
- Comprehensive evaluation of the impact of coronavirus on the global mining industry