The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Our “Quarterly Mining Industry Deals Review M&A and Capital Raising - Q1 2020” report is an essential source of data and trend analysis on M&As (mergers, acquisitions, and asset transactions) and capital raising (equity offering, debt offering, private equity, and venture capital) deals, relevant to mining industry. The report provides detailed comparative monthly and quarterly data on the number of deals and their value, split by deal type. The report also details top capital raising deals, M&As and asset transactions in mining, alongside highlighting companies’ response to COVID-19.
The total value of mining deals, after falling in Q4 2019, further declined by an additional US$3.4bn to US$22.8bn in Q1 2020, mainly due to a 32% fall in capital raised during that quarter. However, this decline was partially offset by an increase in mergers and acquisitions, which totaled US$9.1bn, 26.4% higher versus US$7.2bn in Q4 2019. Amidst the challenges of operating during the spread of COVID-19, gold deals were a feature of the first quarter. The largest of the completed deals was Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd’s acquisition of Detour Gold in a mega deal worth US$3.79bn, adding the Detour Lake mine to the portfolio.
- Coverage of all types of capital raising deals - equity offering, debt offering, private equity, and venture capital
- Coverage of all types of M&A deals - mergers, asset transactions and acquisitions
- Geographies covered include Asia-Pacific, Americas, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Oceania and Former Soviet Union.
Reasons To Buy
- Analyse M&As and capital raising deals in the mining industry.
- Review major deals that took place, their status and type.
- Compare mining companies’ response to COVID-19.
- Identify and analyze mining companies’ consolidations and expansions.
- Compare deals by type and status.
- Track the latest mining industry developments, with complete geographic coverage across the Asia-Pacific, Americas, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Oceania and Former Soviet Union.