The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The Russian cosmetics & toiletries industry was led by skincare sector in both value and volume terms during 2019-2024. However, the skincare category was forecast to be the fastest growing sector in value terms, while feminine hygiene sector is forecast to be the fastest growing category in volume terms during 2019-2024. Hypermarkets & supermarkets accounted for the leading share in the distribution of cosmetics & toiletries products. Flexible packaging was the most commonly used pack material in the country. Consumption of cosmetics & toiletries products is higher among females than males in the country. L’Or?al S.A., Procter & Gamble, Unilever are the top three companies in the Russian cosmetics & toiletries industry.
This report on the cosmetics & toiletries industry in Russia provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures sector distribution data and companies market shares.
What else is contained?
- Industry data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2024
- Sector coverage: Value and volume growth analysis for feminine hygiene, fragrances, haircare, make-up, male toiletries, oral hygiene, personal hygiene, skincare and suncare with inputs on individual segment share within each sector and the change in their market share forecast for 2019-2024
- Leading players: Market share of compaines (in value terms) and private labels (in value terms) in 2019
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each sector through distribution channels such as cash & carries and warehouse clubs, chemists/pharmacies, convenience stores, department stores, direct sellers, health & beauty stores, hypermarkets & supermarkets, parapharmacies/drugstores, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, e-retailers, drug stores & pharmacies, vending machines and other general retailers.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each sector, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, paper & board, rigid plastics, and rigid metal; pack type for: tube, jar, bottle, bag/sachet, tub, aerosol, carton-folding, stand up pouch, blister pack, aerosol, wrapper, film, specialty container, tray, box, foil and other pack type, closure type for: flip/snap top, dispenser, screw top, cap, prize off, twist off, sports cap, film, lever closure, stopper, foil and other closure types, primary outer types for: carton - folding, blister pack, sleeve, bag, shrink wrap and other primary outer types.
- Per capita consumption of cosmetics & toiletries was higher in Russia compared to both the global and regional levels in 2019
- The per capita consumption of skincare products was higher than other cosmetics & toiletries sectors in 2019
- Private labels are growing at a higher CAGR than brands in the Russian cosmetics & toiletries industry
- Flexible packaging is the commonly used pack material in the Russian cosmetics & toiletries industry
- Skincare in cosmetics and toiletries industry is the leading sector across the top 10 cities in Russia
- Amongst top 10 cities, Moscow is projected to contribute the most towards the volume growth of Russian cosmetics and toiletries industry during 2018-2023
- Older consumers account for the leading share in the consumption of cosmetics & toiletries in Russia
- Recovery in household spending, and easing inflation levels following the VAT hike supported real GDP growth in 2019
- Increasing government spending to spur growth of Russian economy through 2024
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential sectors and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed company share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the industry
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.