The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The German cosmetics & toiletries industry was led by the skincare sector in both the value and volume terms, while feminine hygiene sector is forecast to register the fastest value and volume growth during 2019-2024. Parapharmacies/drugstores was the leading channel for distribution of cosmetics & toiletries products in the country. Rigid plastics was the commonly used pack material in the industry. older consumers (aged 55+ years) accounted for the highest consumption of cosmetics & toiletries products in the country L`Oreal S.A., Procter & Gamble, and Coty, Inc are the leading players in the industry.
This report on the cosmetics & toiletries industry in Germany provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures sector distribution data and companies market shares.
What else is contained?
- Industry data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2024
- Sector coverage: Value and volume growth analysis for feminine hygiene, fragrances, haircare, make-up, male toiletries, oral hygiene, personal hygiene, skincare and suncare with inputs on individual segment share within each sector and the change in their market share forecast for 2019-2024
- Leading players: Market share of compaines (in value terms) and private labels (in value terms) in 2019
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each sector through distribution channels such as cash & carries and warehouse clubs, chemists/pharmacies, convenience stores, department stores, direct sellers, health & beauty stores, hypermarkets & supermarkets, parapharmacies/drugstores, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, e-retailers, drug stores & pharmacies, vending machines and other general retailers.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each sector, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, paper & board, rigid plastics, and rigid metal; pack type for: tube, jar, bottle, bag/sachet, tub, aerosol, carton-folding, stand up pouch, blister pack, aerosol, wrapper, film, specialty container, tray, box, foil and other pack type, closure type for: flip/snap top, dispenser, screw top, cap, prize off, twist off, sports cap, film, lever closure, stopper, foil and other closure types, primary outer types for: carton - folding, blister pack, sleeve, bag, shrink wrap and other primary outer types.
- The per capita consumption and expenditure of cosmetics & toiletries is higher in Germany compared to the both global and regional levels in 2019
- The purchasing pattern of German consumers remains unchanged in the cosmetics & toiletries industry
- The per capita consumption of skincare products was higher than other cosmetics & toiletries sectors in 2019
- Parapharmacies/drugstores is the leading distribution channel in the German cosmetics & toiletries industry
- Private labels are growing at a higher CAGR than brands in the German cosmetics & toiletries industry
- Rigid plastics is the commonly used pack material in the German cosmetics & toiletries industry
- Older consumers account for the leading share in the consumption of cosmetics & toiletries in Germany.
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential sectors and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed company share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the industry
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.