Utilities Global Industry Almanac 2014-2023
Global Utilities industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: industry size (value 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the industry.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global utilities industry. Includes industry size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of industry growth trends and leading companies.
- The utilities industry consists of the electricity, gas and water markets.
- The electricity retailing market consists of the net consumption of electricity by end-users, segmented by industrial, transportation, commercial & public services, and residential consumption.
- The gas utilities market covers all natural gas consumption, net of distribution or transmission losses, by end-users in the following categories: industrial (including use as a feedstock and autogeneration), commercial and public-sector organizations, residential consumers, electric power generation (including combined heat and power but excluding autogeneration and heat plant), and other (including transport, agriculture, centralized heat plant, and other usage). Values are calculated from segment volumes and the average annual price of gas charged to end-users in each segment net of any applicable taxes.
- The water utilities industry consists of all water that is collected, treated and distributed to agricultural, industrial, and residential end-users.
- Any zero (0) values found in this report should not be taken as true zero values, but rather as an indication that MarketLine does not cover that particular data point.
- All currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2018 annual average exchange rates.
- The global utilities industry had total revenues of $6,676.6bn in 2018, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.0% between 2014 and 2018.
- The Gas segment was the industry’s most lucrative in 2018, with total revenues of $3,141.3bn, equivalent to 47.0% of the industry’s overall value.
- The gas industry is largest in Europe, The region’s total natural gas reserves amounted to 19% of the global gas reserves; the top countries per proved recoverable reserves include Russia, Norway and the Netherlands.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global utilities industry
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global utilities industry
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key utilities industry players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global utilities industry with five year forecasts
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global utilities industry by value in 2018?
- What will be the size of the global utilities industry in 2023?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global utilities industry?
- How has the industry performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global utilities industry?