Metals & Mining Global Industry Guide 2014-2023
Global Metals & Mining industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: industry size (value and volume 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the industry .
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global metals & mining industry . Includes industry size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of industry growth trends and leading companies.
- The metals & mining industry consists of the aluminum, iron & steel, precious metals & minerals, coal and base metal markets.
- In the aluminum market, only production of primary aluminum is considered. Recycled aluminum is not included within this report. The market is valued at manufacturer’s selling price (MSP).
- The base metals market consists of lead, zinc, copper, nickel and tin. The market has been valued as total primary metal production at annual average prices.
- The coal market measures primary coal production including anthracite, bitminous and lignite. The market is valued at producers price.
- The iron & steel market consists of the production of crude steel, blast furnace (pig) iron and direct reduced iron. Market values have been calculated using annual average steel and iron prices.
- The precious metals & minerals market includes gold, silver, platinum, palladium, rhodium and industrial and gem-quality diamonds. The market is valued using total annual mining production volumes and annual average prices.
- Any currency conversions used in this report have been calculated using constant annual 2018 exchange rates.
- The global metals & mining industry had total revenues of $2,643.3bn in 2018, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.1% between 2014 and 2018.
- Production volume increased with a CAGR of 0.2% between 2014 and 2018, to reach a total of 9,830.8 million metric ton in 2018.
- The Iron & Steel segment was the industry’s most lucrative in 2018, with total revenues of $1,656.9bn, equivalent to 62.7% of the industry’s overall value.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global metals & mining industry
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global metals & mining industry
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key metals & mining industry players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global metals & mining industry with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global metals & mining industry by value in 2018?
- What will be the size of the global metals & mining industry in 2023?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global metals & mining industry ?
- How has the industry performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global metals & mining industry ?