Electricity Retailing Global Industry Guide 2014-2023
Global Electricity Retailing industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: Market size (value and volume 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the Market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global electricity retailing Market. Includes Market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of Market growth trends and leading companies.
- The electricity retailing market consists of the net consumption of electricity by end-users, segmented by industrial, transportation, commercial & public services, and residential consumption. The "other" segment includes agriculture, forestry, and the fishing industry’s net electricity consumption among others.
- The volume of the market is calculated as the net volume of electricity consumed in terawatt hours (TWh), and the market value has been calculated according to average annual retail electricity prices per kilowatt hour (kWh), inclusive of applicable taxes and levies. Please note that 1 TWh is identical to 1,000 gigawatt hours (GWh), or 1 billion kilowatt hours (kWh). A kilowatt hour is defined as the expenditure of one kilowatt over one hour of time.
- Market shares are generally calculated on the basis of total retail sales to end-users across all segments. In some countries where data on company retail sales is limited, total sales by power companies are used as an indication of market share.
- Any currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2018 annual average exchange rates.
- The global Electricity Retailing Market had total revenues of $2,654.4bn in 2018, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.1% between 2014 and 2018.
- Market consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 3.6% between 2014 and 2018, to reach a total of 21,949.4 billion TWh in 2018.
- Industrial had the highest volume in the global Electricity Retailing Market in 2018, with a total of 9,902.7 billion TWh, equivalent to 45.1% of the Market’s overall volume.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global electricity retailing Market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global electricity retailing Market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key electricity retailing Market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global electricity retailing Market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global electricity retailing Market by value in 2018?
- What will be the size of the global electricity retailing Market in 2023?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global electricity retailing Market?
- How has the Market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global electricity retailing Market?