The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Tesla Inc (Tesla) is an automotive and energy company. It designs, develops, manufactures, and sells and leases fully electric vehicles and energy generation and storage systems. The company produces and sells the Model Y, Model 3, Model X, Model S, Cybertruck, Tesla Semi and Tesla Roadster vehicles. Tesla also installs and maintains energy systems and sells solar electricity; and offers end-to-end clean energy products, including generation, storage and consumption. It markets and sells vehicles to consumers through a network of company-owned stores and galleries. The company has manufacturing facilities in the US and China.
With a fleet of over 600,000 cars on roads equipped with cameras and sensors, Tesla continuously gleans data in real-time. For instance, it monitors driver’s interaction with the steering wheels, pedals, and brakes, etc. and sends it to the cloud for analysis. The company has gathered over 1 billion miles of Autopilot data, which it leverages to train the existing AI/ML engines or develop new algorithms and sends it as over-the-air updates for improving the efficiency and safety of autonomous vehicles.
Tesla is unifying all aspects of driving experience for connected car owners through real-time over-the-air software updates. This helps the company to remotely improve mechanical design features, safety, performance and infotainment capabilities of the electric vehicles.
The report provides information and insights into Tesla’s activities, including -
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies
- Overview of technology initiatives covering strategic partnerships, acquisitions and product launches
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts
- In January 2020, Tesla announced plans to open a design studio and research facility in China to build Chinese-styled cars and distribute it globally, for which the company has already started recruiting design engineers.
- Tesla has developed and in-house AI based processor dubbed Full Self-Driving Computer or FSD that can perform around 50 trillion operations in one second. The FSD computer processes input from eight cameras, 12 ultrasonic sensors, a front-facing radar, GPS and mapping data used to steer the autonomous vehicle on roads. Each FSD computer consists of two chips and every chip contains two accelerators that can run the neural networks and the AI components in the car to read the roads.
- In November 2019, Tesla introduced its sixth model Cybertruck, an all-electric pick-up truck with Tesla Autopilot advanced self-driver assistant feature and bulletproof against 9mm handgun. Tesla claims to start the production of low-end Cybertrucks by 2021, which will come in two versions: single motor and rear-wheel drive and dual-motor all-wheel-drive.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into Tesla’s operations.
- Gain insights into its digital strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various partnerships and acquisitions of Tesla.