Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) is a provider of personal, small business, and commercial and corporate banking solutions. Under personal banking it offers accounts, overdrafts, credit cards, loans, mortgages, investments, retirement planning, travel and creditor insurance, advisory, and other supporting solutions. Under small business banking it provides cash management, merchant services, accounts, credit, specialty services, corresponding banking, trade finance, and foreign exchange.
The commercial and corporate banking segment provides business solutions, global investment banking and management, and custody services. It serves individuals, SMEs, corporates, HNW and UHNW individuals, and wealthy families. It has operations in Europe, Asia Pacific, North America, and the Caribbean.
This report provides insights into CIBC’s digital transformation strategies and innovation programs. It also gives an overview of its technology initiatives, covering partnerships and product launches, as well as insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits. In addition, the report includes details of the company’s estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts.
- CIBC is strengthening its focus on the use of innovative technologies to enhance its digital banking capabilities. Cloud, AI, blockchain, cybersecurity, big data, and robotic process automation are among the technologies the company is focusing on.
- To explore the potential use cases of blockchain, CIBC has partnered with several financial institutions to establish R3, a distributed ledger technology platform. CIBC also co-launched DataVault Innovations, which offers analytical data for the fixed-income and derivatives market.
- In 2016, CIBC launched CIBC Innovation Banking, CIBC Data Studio, and CIBC Live Labs, which act as innovation hubs for financial institutions, technology startups, and entrepreneurs to explore emerging technologies and build digital solutions.
Reasons To Buy
- Learn about CIBC’s fintech operations, including investments, product launches, partnerships, and acquisitions.
- Gain insight into its fintech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Discover which technology themes are under the group’s focus.