In contrast to the legacy ‘voice-centric’ E9-1-1 network, NG9-1-1 will support a more diverse set of IP-based communications including text, data, photos, and video exchanges that will enhance the speed, accuracy, and preparation of first responders. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is currently working closely with key stakeholders in the public safety sector to ensure a seamless and cost-effective transition to NG9-1-1. The aim of this study is to identify the key NG9-1-1 industry trends, analyze the ecosystem, identify growth opportunities, and quantify market size and potential. In particular.
We believe the next 12 months will be a critical time period for state and local 9-1-1 administrators to identify and secure the appropriate partners for their NG9-1-1 implementations.The emergence of COVID-19, in particular, has elevated pressure on states and counties that have not yet initiated NG9-1-1 deployments to accelerate roll-outs. The real possibility of federal funding for NG9-1-1 tied to coronavirus rescue legislation, which places an emphasis on infrastructure projects, has the potential to dramatically accelerate market growth.This study quantifies the growing market opportunity and identifies key market participants at all stages of the value chain driving the U.S. public safety sector forward by accelerating the transition of legacy 9-1-1 to NG9-1-1.
KEY ISSUES ADDRESSED
- What is the NG9-1-1 vision and where is the industry in terms of progress?
- Who are the key market participants in the NG9-1-1 ecosystem? Where do they reside along the NG9-1-1 value chain?
- What are the core components of an i3-compliant NG9-1-1 system? Who are they key vendors that can provide this technology?
- How much of the US population is currently covered by closed NG9-1-1 contracts? How will this evolve during the next 5 years?
- What is the existing market size and revenue opportunity (2019-2025)?
- How large is the Next Gen Core Services (NGCS) market? How will this grow during the next 5 years?
- Which NGCS vendors have the most significant market share?