The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
If you really want to understand the themes that drive an industry, just look at the list of recent mergers and acquisitions (M&A). In this report, we analyze how disruptive themes have been driving M&A activity over the last five years, assess the impact of COVID-19 on the M&A market, provide an overview of M&A activity across the TMT industry over the last five years, before highlighting potential takeover targets, explaining who is likely to buy them and why.
The main themes that drove M&A activity across the technology, media, and telecoms (TMT) industry in 2019 were artificial intelligence (AI), the internet of things (IoT), cloud, healthtech, fintech, big data, internet TV, and robotics.
In the first quarter of 2020, a total of 150 M&A deals with a transaction value greater than $50m were announced. Their combined transaction value was $119.2bn, which was flat compared to Q4 2019, but 26% down on the same quarter last year. In Q2 2020, we expect total deal values to slow materially.
- This report provides an overview of merger and acquisitions activity in the global TMT market.
- It assesses the impact of COVID-19 on the M&A market
- It identifies the M&A deals announced in the TMT market over the last five years and highlights potential acquisition targets that are likely to be acquired over the next three years.
- The report provides a comprehensive sector-by-sector analysis of themes driving the key M&A deals across each sector in the past five years.
Reasons To Buy
- This report provides an overview of the mergers and acquisitions in TMT market.
- It identifies the key themes driving the M&A deals in the TMT market.
- The report highlights comprehensive thematic rationales for the key M&A deals announced over the last five years.
- It also highlights companies from across the TMT sector that are likely to be acquisition targets over the next three years, as well as identifying potential acquirers.