Bouygues SA is an industrial group which operates in construction, real estate development, media and telecommunication markets. It carries out construction contracts for roads, airport runways, seaport, industrial infrastructure, parking areas, recreational facilities, electrical and civil work developments. The company also develops residential, commercial establishments and retail parks; and produces and recycles construction materials such as aggregates, asphalt mixes, bitumen, ready-mix concrete and emulsions and binders. Bouygues operates television channels, telecommunication networks and also offers broadband services to its customers. The company has operational presence across Europe, Africa, the Middle East, North America and Asia-Pacific.
Open Innovation is a group-wide initiative launched in 2015 with the hope that it can benefit all its business segments in their innovation efforts. The Open Innovation initiative helps Bouygues Construction in selecting and financing start ups and connecting with universities and even large companies who are keen on building the world of tomorrow.
Bouygues E-lab was originally set in 2001 to extend decision support services to Bouygues SA. From 2006 however, elab’s teams started focusing on developing solutions for all the group’s business segments. Bouygues Construction benefits from R&D and innovation teams of elabs and of its related segments, which bank on their own external partner networks.
The report provides information and insights into Bouygues’s tech activities, including -
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies and accelerator & innovation programs
- Overview of technology initiatives covering partnerships, product launches, investments and acquisitions
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts
- Bouygues is investing in emerging technologies and building an internal team with digital expertise and also established strategic partnerships with several technology firms to drive innovation and enhance business operations. Bouygues Construction allots ?20m ($24m as of 31st Dec 2020) to its R&D actively in the fields of energy, digital technologies and sustainable buildings.
- Bouygues is focused on accelerating digital transformation of its projects in collaboration with Accenture and Dassault Syst?mes for enabling centralized management of its construction projects.
- The company is leveraging the power of disruptive technologies such as Internet of Things, blockchain, and augmented reality to drive innovation in its construction business, build connected homes and smart cities, and automate operational activities.
- Bouygues Construction is also leveraging 3D printing technology to cut production times, costs, and waste associated with housing designs.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into Bouygues’s tech operations.
- Gain insights into its tech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various product launches, partnerships, investments and acquisition strategies of Bouygues.