The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
JPMorgan Chase (JPM) is a financial holding company that provides consumer and commercial banking, investment banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management solutions through its subsidiaries. It offers consumer and commercial banking under the Chase brand in the US. The company has operations globally including in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific, and the Americas. JPM is headquartered in New York, the US.
This report provides insights into JPMorgan Chase’s digital transformation strategies, accelerator programs, and innovation centers. It also gives an overview of its technology initiatives, covering partnerships and product launches, as well as insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits. In addition, the report includes details of the company’s estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts.
Launched in June 2016, the In-Residence startup program connects fintech startups with JPM’s global network, expertise, data, and resources to co-create innovative solutions for capital markets and wholesale banking divisions.
Established in 2015, the Blockchain Center of Excellence (BCOE) is JPM’s in-house team that focuses on developing innovative applications based on distributed ledger technology. The team builds various use cases and pilot solutions in-house and partners with technologists to develop enterprise-grade tools that drive the implementation of blockchain within JPM’s business divisions.
Launched in 2014, FinLab is a $30m, 10-year initiative managed by the Financial Health Network (formerly the Center for Financial Services Innovation), together with JPM as the founding partner. Annually, the lab organizes an eight-month startup accelerator program that provides funding, partnership opportunities, industry expertise, mentorship, and cutting-edge design insights for startups to build next-generation financial products and services.
J.P. Morgan Developer offers a suite of APIs for its Corporate & Investment Bank clients to integrate with its products and services. The platform enables users to find APIs across research and analytics, trading, post-trade, and banking to get real-time market data and add simple, secure payments to their software.
- JPM is exploring and utilizing AI, machine learning, big data, blockchain, biometrics, the cloud, cybersecurity, cryptocurrencies, mobile, open banking, payments, robo-advice, and robotic process automation to achieve operational efficiencies and enhance customer experience.
- It continues to invest in products, services, and technology. In February 2018, the bank simplified the onboarding process for its customers, allowing them to open a new deposit account digitally in three to five minutes, which has added approximately 1.5 million new accounts since launch.
- JPM has invested in and partnered with several tech companies to deliver innovative solutions around blockchain technology that help enhance its operational capabilities and customer experience. It also created the BCOE to develop innovative solutions based on blockchain technology.
- JPM is exploring the potential use cases of AI and machine learning technologies by establishing an innovation center, J.P. Morgan AI Research, which consists of a team of AI experts. The team focuses on developing solutions that address challenges faced by the financial services industry and strives towards mitigating them through the use of AI.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into JPMorgan’s fintech operations.
- Gain insights into its fintech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into its various investments, product launches, and partnership strategies.