The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The term low-intensity warfare (LIW) has been around for decades and had a variety of names, including grey zone warfare, measures short of war, and hybrid warfare. LIW covers a wide range of activities among states, from peaceful competition to conflicts below full-scale warfare. LIWs can also include activities by non-state actors (e.g. criminal or terrorist groups) which can have a disruptive impact on citizen’s daily lives, or a state’s ability to maintain security.
Full-scale warfare disrupts the whole of a country’s society, economy and politics, but LIWs can also inflict a huge social and economic cost through a protracted series of long-term actions. That cost depends on the power factors each side has available, how effectively each one can tackle the problem, and the nature of each side’s interests being affected.
- The main trends in the low-intensity warfare over the next 12 to 24 months are highlighted. We classify these trends into three categories: technology trends, regulatory trends, and macroeconomic trends.
- The report includes an insightful industry analysis of the low-intensity warfare and key use cases highlighting how armed forces around the world have started working on the development and implementation of the technology.
- This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our “thematic engine”.
Reasons To Buy
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global Aerospace & Defense.
- Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalData’s thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats.
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.