The Colombian seasonings, dressings & sauces sector is led by condiment sauces category in both value and volume terms, in 2019 while dressings category is forecast to register the fastest value growth during 2019-2024. Hypermarkets & supermarkets accounted for the leading share in the distribution of seasonings, dressings & sauces products in Colombia. Glass is the most commonly used pack material in the country. Unilever, Nestle SA and El Rey are the top three companies in the Colombian seasonings, dressings & sauces sector. Consumption of oils & fats is higher among females than males in the country.
Our Country Profile report on the seasonings, dressings & sauces sector in Colombia provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2014-2024
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for ’bouillons & stocks’, ’chutneys & relishes’, condiment sauces, dips, dressings, dry cooking sauces, ’herbs, spices & seasonings’, ’tomato pastes and pur?es’, and wet cooking sauces with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2019-2024
- Leading players: Market share of brands (in value and volume terms) and private labels (in value terms) in 2019
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as cash & carries and warehouse clubs , convenience stores, department stores, “dollar stores”, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, e-retailers, food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, and other general retailers
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, flexible packaging, paper & board, rigid plastics, and rigid metal; pack type for: jar, bottle, bag/sachet, tub, box, stand-up pouch, can, carton-liquid, foil, carton-folding, speciality container, tray, film and tube.
- The per capita consumption of seasonings, dressings & sauces was lower in Colombia compared to both the global and the regional levels in 2019
- The dressings category is expected to gain maximum market share in value terms during 2019-2024
- The condiment sauces category is also expected to gain maximum market share in volume terms during 2019-2024
- In Colombia, the per capita consumption of condiment sauces was higher compare to other seasonings, dressings & sauces categories in 2019
- In the dry cooking sauces category, dry sauce mixes accounted for higher volume sales than instant gravy in 2019
- Private labels are growing at a higher CAGR than brands in the Colombian seasonings, dressings & sauces sector
- The health & wellness market is led by the dressings category in the Colombian seasonings, dressings & sauces sector in 2019
- Products with ’food minus’ attributes are expected to contribute US$1.6 million towards the growth of health & wellness market during 2019-2024
- The sales of dressings with health & wellness claims are forecast to grow at a slower CAGR compared to dressings without health & wellness claims during 2019-2024
- Glass is the most commonly used pack material in the Colombian seasonings, dressings & sauces sector
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rural-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.