Foodservice Global Industry Almanac 2014-2023
Global Foodservice industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: industry size (value and volume 2014-18, and forecast to 2023). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the industry.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global foodservice industry. Includes industry size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of industry growth trends and leading companies.
- Foodservice is defined as the value of all food and drink, including on-trade drinks not drunk with food, for immediate consumption on the premises or in designated eating areas shared with other foodservice operators, or in the case of takeaway transactions, freshly prepared food for immediate consumption. Foodservice is restricted to the sale of food and drink in specific foodservice channels defined below and excludes vending machines.
- The food service industry is valued according to total sales of all food and drink (soft and alcoholic) in or through accommodation outlets, pubs, clubs, and bars, full service restaurants, quick service restaurants and fast food, and other. The accommodation segment includes food and drinks sales in bed and breakfasts, guest houses, holiday parks, hostels, and hotels and motels. The pub, club and bar segment includes food and drink sales at nightclubs, private member and social clubs, and pubs and bars. The other segment includes food and drink sales in leisure venues, such as visitor attractions; mobile operators, such as vans and other mobile operators; retailers, such as bakeries, convenience stores, delicatessens, department stores, garden centers, service station forecourts, supermarkets and hypermarkets, and other retail sales.
- Market volume is defined as the total number of transactions.
- All currency conversions were carried out at constant 2018 average annual exchange rates.
- The global foodservice industry had total revenues of $3,246.8bn in 2018, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.5% between 2014 and 2018.
- Industry transaction volume increased with a CAGR of 2.4% between 2014 and 2018, to reach a total of 516.8 billion transactions in 2018.
- The US foodservice industry is the largest in the North American region and the largest globally. In 2018, the US accounted for over 84% of the foodservice industry in North America and over 21% of the global industry.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global foodservice industry
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global foodservice industry
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key foodservice industry players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global foodservice industry with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global foodservice industry by value in 2018?
- What will be the size of the global foodservice industry in 2023?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global foodservice industry?
- How has the industry performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global foodservice industry?