The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
“The global UV disinfection equipment market is projected to grow at CAGR of 12.3% from 2020 to 2025.”
The global UV disinfection equipment market size is projected to grow from USD 2.9 billion in 2020 to USD 5.3 billion by 2025; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 12.3% from 2020 to 2025. Key factors fueling the growth of this market include increasing demand for UV disinfection equipment due to threats of infectious diseases, and long life and lower power consumption of LED-based UV disinfection equipment. However, the lack of residual ability of UV disinfection equipment is expected to hinder the growth of the market.
“The municipal segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.”
In 2019, municipal end-user held the largest share of the global UV disinfection equipment market. This segment is also expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The dominance of this end-user is mainly due to the rising concerns about the recycling of wastewater across the globe.
A large number of municipal corporations are adopting UV disinfection equipment for recycling and retreating wastewater from industries. Moreover, to meet the demand for drinking water in areas with a dense population, municipal corporations are shifting toward UV treated water as it does not has any chemical residues.
“The water and wastewater disinfection segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR from 2020 to 2025.”
In 2019, the water and wastewater disinfection segment held the largest share of the overall UV disinfection equipment market and is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. This growth is attributed to the increasing need for safe drinking water in all parts of the world.
Strengthened government regulations in countries such as the US, Germany, Singapore, India, China, and the UK regarding the proper treatment of wastewater from industries has also contributed significantly to the growth of this segment. The replacement of the chlorine-based process for the disinfection of water and wastewater with UV-based disinfection equipment is also expected to drive the growth of the market in the coming years.
“The UV disinfection equipment market in Asia Pacific (APAC) is projected to grow at the highest CAGR from 2020 to 2025.”
In 2025, APAC is projected to hold the largest share of the global UV disinfection equipment industry. The market in APAC is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The primary factor contributing to this growth is the presence of countries such as China and India that need to provide clean drinking water to their growing population. The presence of many manufacturing plants in the region that require processed water has been another factor contributing to the high demand for UV disinfection equipment in the region. The increasing number of projects, for example, the Clean Ganga Project, is expected to drive the market further.
Breakdown of profiles of primary participants:
- By Company: Tier 1 = 45%, Tier 2 = 35%, and Tier 3 = 20%
- By Designation: C-level Executives = 35%, Managers = 43%, and Others (sales managers, marketing managers, and product managers, as well as members of various organizations) = 22%
- By Region: North America= 33%, Europe= 30%, APAC= 24%, and RoW= 13%
Major players profiled in this report:
- Xylem Inc. (US)
- Trojan Technologies (Canada)
- Halma plc (UK)
- Kuraray Co., Ltd. (Japan)
- Atlantic Ultraviolet Corporation (US)
- Evoqua Water Technologies LLC (US)
- Advanced UV, Inc. (US)
- American Ultraviolet (US)
- Atlantium Technologies Ltd. (Israel)
- Hoenle AG (Germany)
- Lumalier Corporation (US),
This report offers detailed insights into the global UV disinfection equipment market based on component, power rating, application, end user, and region. Based on the component, the UV disinfection equipment industry has been segmented into UV lamps, reactor chambers, quartz sleeves, controller units, and others. Based on the power rating, the market has been divided into low, medium, and high-power UV disinfection equipment. Based on the application, the UV disinfection equipment market has been classified into water and wastewater disinfection, process water disinfection, air disinfection, and surface disinfection. Based on the end-user, the UV disinfection equipment market has been classified into residential, commercial, industrial, and municipal. The market has been studied for North America, Europe, APAC, and RoW.
Reasons To Buy the report
The report is expected to help market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report segments the UV disinfection equipment market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the overall size of the market, as well as its segments and subsegments.
- The report is expected to help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provide them with information about key drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- This report aims at helping stakeholders in obtaining an improved understanding of their competitors and gaining insights to enhance their position in the market. The competitive landscape section includes the competitor ecosystem of the market, as well as growth strategies such as partnerships, contracts, acquisitions, product launches, and expansions adopted by major market players.