The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
“Increasing R&D expenditure in pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies and the globalization of clinical trials & harmonization of regulations are driving the overall growth of the clinical trial supplies market”
The clinical trial supplies market is projected to reach USD 2.5 billion by 2025 from USD 1.7 billion in 2020, at a CAGR of 7.8%. The growth of this market is majorly driven by the increasing R&D expenditure in pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies and the globalization of clinical trials & harmonization of regulations. However, the increasing cost of drug development and clinical trials is expected to restrain the growth of this market during the forecast period.
“Logistics services segment to account for the largest share of the clinical trial supplies market in 2020”
Based on service, the clinical trial supplies market is segmented into logistics; distribution, storage, and retention; packaging, labeling, and blinding; manufacturing; comparator sourcing; and solutions. The logistics services segment is expected to account for the largest share of the clinical trial supplies market during the forecast period. This can primarily be attributed to the globalization of clinical trials and the increasing number of trials involving temperature-sensitive products.
“Oncology segment to account for the largest share of the clinical trial supplies market, by therapeutic area, in 2020”
Based on the therapeutic area, the clinical trial supplies market is segmented into oncology, neurological and mental disorders, infectious and immune system diseases, digestive system diseases, blood disorders, and other therapeutic areas. The oncology segment is expected to account for the largest share of the market in 2020 and is estimated to register the highest growth during the forecast period majorly due to the high and growing number of research studies on cancer therapeutics and a large number of companies focusing on bringing innovative cancer drugs to the market.
“North America will continue to dominate the clinical trial supplies market during the forecast period”
In 2020, North America is estimated to be the largest regional market for clinical trial supplies, followed by Europe. The presence of well-established CROs and the high and growing investments in drug discovery and development by pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies in North America are the major factors responsible for the large share of this region in the global market. However, the Asia Pacific market is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period majorly due to the growing number of CROs in the region and the presence of less-stringent regulations for clinical trials and patient recruitment in emerging Asia Pacific countries.
The primary interviews conducted for this report can be categorized as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 - 36%, Tier 2 - 45%, and Tier 3 - 19%
- By Designation: C-level - 33%, D-level - 40%, and Others - 27%
- By Region: North America - 39%, Europe - 30%, Asia Pacific - 22%, and RoW - 9%
List of Companies Profiled in the Report
- Catalent, Inc. (US)
- Almac Group (UK)
- Parexel International Corporation (US)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (US)
- PCI Services (US)
- UDG Healthcare Plc. (Ireland)
- Biocair (UK)
- Bilcare Limited (India)
- O&M Movianto (US)
- KLIFO A/S (Denmark)
- Capsugel (Switzerland)
- Infosys Limited (India)
- PRA Health Sciences, Inc. (US)
- Eurofins Scientific (Luxembourg)
- Marken (US)
- Seveillar Clinical Trial Supplies Pvt. Ltd. (India)
- N-SIDE (Belgium)
This report provides a detailed picture of the global clinical trial supplies market. It aims at estimating the size and future growth potential of the market across different segments, such as service, phase, drug type, therapeutic area, and region. The report also includes an in-depth competitive analysis of the key market players, along with their company profiles, recent developments, and key market strategies.
Key Benefits of Buying the Report:
- The report will help market leaders/new entrants by providing them with the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall clinical trial supplies market and its subsegments.
- It will also help stakeholders better understand the competitive landscape and gain more insights to position their business better and make suitable go-to-market strategies.
- This report will enable stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provide them with information on the key market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.