The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Cigars and Cigarillos in the Germany, 2019 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the German tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2029.
The German market for cigars and cigarillos is one of the largest in the world. Until recently it had been one of the most buoyant markets, with recent volume growth being driven by expanding demand for eco-cigarillos.
Much of the recent growth in volume had been due to the rise in popularity of eco-cigarillos, short for economy cigarillos, which had become increasingly popular as low-cost alternatives to cigarettes, as taxes and prices have risen.
The future of the German market will be strongly influenced by both the German Government’s fiscal changes and EU tobacco tax policy.
- Including eco-cigarillos, overall unit consumption of cigars and cigarillos had increased
- Much of the recent growth in volume had been due to the rise in popularity of eco-cigarillos, short for economy cigarillos, which had become increasingly popular as low-cost alternatives to cigarettes, as taxes and prices have risen
- In contrast, demand for classic cigars and cigarillos, which has performed better although here too volumes have slipped to a forecast 1.0 billion pieces in 2019.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.